Thursday, May 27, 2010

Technology

I have learned more about technology these past couple of weeks than I have in my whole life! It has been great to learn so much about the use of technology because I was never really up to par on everything. It usually takes me awhile to learn how to use certain technologies, so I'm not what you would call a tech goo-roo. I've really enjoyed learning about so many different things, and I feel like I am more prepared to be an effective physical education instructor. One of the technologies that really stood out to me was the RSS. I really like how convenient this can make things. This could be a great help to me in my future career because I could have different feeds related to my field sent to my reader, and that will help me to stay up to date on the latest trends within physical education. I also really enjoyed the podcasting lesson. I think it would be great to make podcasts on how to perform certain excercises and have them available for my students to listen to from their own home. This would help them to be more physically active since they could have my guidance even though I'm not presently with them. Technology is evolving like crazy, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to learn all that I have so far.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the speed at which we have been exposed to the current technology that we are learning as "new" applications. Seems to me, if we would learn these new applications as they are developed we would tend to use them more in our disciplines. The main item becomes the time involved in setting up the lesson and creating multiple podcasts might be tough workload. My idea is to have the students create their own podcast on how to perform an exercise or play a game. Then we can evaluate both their knowledge and our teaching effectiveness. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using technology has never been a strong asset of mine. I am trying to sponge-up all these great tech resources. I can see podcasts as a very useful resource in Health class. Students can take some ownership in creativity and research for a podcasts health assignment. Great idea...

    ReplyDelete