Saturday, May 15, 2010

Test Post

Hello everybody! This is my very first post on my new blog. I'm mainly wanting to see if I set my profile up correctly. Seems to be working well so far!
I am very excited about my upcoming journey. This is week one of my masters program, and I'm so eager to learn as much as I possibly can over the next fourteen months.
The program that I'm enrolled in is Kinesiology with a Physical Education Emphasis. This is a very exciting time for me because I've been looking forward to taking this program for three and a half years, and the big moment has finally arrived.
I grew up heavily involved in sports, and I even coached a couple years of high school football while going through college. I new I wanted to be a physical educator, but unfortunatly I was given back advice by my counselors and other P.E. teachers. I was told that I wouldn't get a job after college for a few years due to the lack of available positions within the school district.
I didn't want to be working in a restaurant for years after college, so I decided to get my bachelors degree in Elementary Education with the intention of getting my masters in physical education. Well, I've dedicated the last three and a half years to Elementary Education, which has been great, but I'm so excited that I'm finally pursueing my passion!
This is the moment that I've been waiting for for so long, so I'm going to enjoy the journey over the next fourteen months, and enjoy learning as much as I can about the wonderful world of physical education.

No comments:

Post a Comment